MOORE BEGINS BASEBALL

Ava Pokopatz
Grady Moore, senior, is a leader for the Cats on the diamond.

Grady Moore is a senior baseball player at Struthers High School.

Players start playing sports for plenty of reasons. Some reasons could be: a family member played, they are trying something new, they found interest in it, and more. 

At a young age, Moore was interested in all sports and that’s why he started playing baseball.

“I started playing baseball because I liked all sports and I was very little when I started,” says Moore.

A good team has an active work ethic and a drive to improve their skills every day. It starts with discipline and a positive environment around the team. Working hard and staying on task is an important way to start a season of success.

The Struthers baseball team has been preparing for their season by working hard and always competing. 

“We work hard every day, in and out behind the scenes. Coach stays in our heads, and we compete wherever we are,” says Moore. 

Between homework and practices, juggling school and sports can become hard. But, keeping positive and using time management skills has helped many student athletes over the years. Some use sports as an outlet and don’t find managing the two that difficult.

“It gets hard at points, but I use sports as an escape from school, they completely clear my mind, and when I’m into the game, I’m very into it,” says Moore.