STEELERS MOVE INTO ACTION

The Pittsburgh Steelers are looking to be a new and improved team next season with a bunch of free agent additions to the team during this off-season.

The Steelers were a first-round exit out of the playoffs last season and are looking to change that.

Pittsburgh thinks they have found their solution at the quarterback position.  They got rid of their entire QB room by cutting Mitch Trubisky, trading Kenny Pickett to the Eagles and Mason Rudolph to the Titans. Their first QB they acquired was former Bronco, Russell Wilson on a very cheap deal of only 1.21 million for a year. Their next addition at QB was former first-round pick, Justin Fields, for only a 2025 conditional 6th-round pick. They also signed Kyle Allen to the third string.

The Steelers did a full makeover of their QB room, and the fans are excited for the team’s future.

“The Pittsburgh Steelers have completely redone their quarterback room this off-season, trading Kenny Pickett to the Philadelphia Eagles and allowing Mitch Trubisky and Mason Rudolph to sign with new teams. In their place, the Steelers added former Denver Broncos signal-caller Russell Wilson and then sent a conditional sixth-round pick to the Chicago Bears for their former first-round pick, Justin Fields. Now, Pittsburgh has added a third quarterback,” says Jordan Dajani.

The Steelers also made some changes to the defense. The biggest signing on defense so far is a young linebacker from the Baltimore Ravens, Patrick Queen. They signed him to a 3 year 41 million contract. They also added two new dbs to the team. Safety Deshon Elliot got signed on a 2 year 6 million deal, and they acquired cornerback Donte Jackson in a trade for Diontae Johnson. 

Queen will face his former team twice this year since the Steelers and Ravens are in the same division.

Patrick Queen was one of the stars of the Baltimore Ravens‘ defense in 2023. A year later, he’ll be matched up against the Ravens in the AFC North, agreeing Tuesday to a deal with the Pittsburgh Steelers,” says Cody Benjamin.

Pittsburgh may still try to make some more moves before free agency is over. They are in talks with Broncos Safety, Justin Simmons but they are not agreeing on a price. The Steelers also said they want to get a star receiver. One receiver that people have speculated they might get is Brandon Aiyuk of the 49ers. He was a big reason the 49ers got to the Super Bowl and would be a good fit for the Steelers’ offense.

Aiyuk coming to Pittsburgh may not just be speculation.

“According to a team source, the Steelers are in talks with the 49ers about an Aiyuk trade, and while nothing is imminent, they ‘would be surprised if it didn’t happen,’” says Noah Strackbein.