“FEAR STREET” GRABS ATTENTION

Do you like scary movies with a continuing storyline? Well if so, the “Fear Street” movies are a good choice for you.

“Fear Street Part 1” is a 1 hour and 47 long movie filled with a strong storyline that builds up over three movies. The basis in the beginning of the movie is that Shady Side is the cursed place to live because bad things always end up happening there and Sunny Side is the perfect place to be. The main characters Deena (Kiana Madeira) and Sam (Olivia Welch) were dating before Sam moved to Sunny Side because her mom didn’t approve of their relationship and they wanted to get away from Shady Side people. Then they soon find out the Shady Side has a serious curse that Sam gets affected by.

This movie starts out in the Shady Side mall where they are just closing up. Everything was fine, then suddenly Ryan (David Thomhson), one of the store workers, goes crazy and ends up killing some of his coworkers and gets shot by Sheriff Goode (Ashley Zuckerman) of Sunny Side. Deena wants to return Sam’s things, so she goes to a football game and then all the Shadysiders and Sunnysiders start fighting, which later leads to Sam’s new boyfriend chasing the Shady Side bus in his car and they crash it into the woods. Sam accidentally bleeds onto the “Witch,” Sarah Fiers (Elizabeth Scopel) grave and that causes Sam to then see everything the witch had seen. This awakens all of the Shady Side killers that Deena and her friends have to run from because they are after Sam.

Deena’s brother (Benjamin Flores, Jr.) is a nerd on the Shady Side killings and he helps everyone know about all of them and he has a bunch of information on all the killings. The group of friends go through it and find a survivor, C. Berman. She survived but she died first when a local boy at the camp found her and performed CPR, that boy who happened to be Sheriff Nick Goode (Ashley Zuckerman). The group of friends have a plan to have Sam die then bring her back, it ends up going wrong and two of the friends suffer, but Deena then drowns Sam and brings her back and somehow all the Shady Side killers disappear. Everything seemed t0 be back to normal but then Sam goes crazy and tries to kill Deena because she becomes one of the next Shady Side killers and C. Berman finally calls them back.

Overall, this movie series is suggested for young adults and adults, considering the amount of gore and inappropriate scenes. It is rated a 9/10.