FUTURE, METRO DON’T TRUST YOU

FUTURE, METRO DON’T TRUST YOU

Future is an American rapper and is known for his versatility and mumble-styled vocals. On the other hand, Metro Boomin is an American producer and is already considered one of the best in the game. After a long wait, the two have finally dropped their collaboration album titled, “WE DON’T TRUST YOU” on March 22, 2024.

Future and Metro are at their peak when they work together, so it’s about time they finally came to their senses and released a collaboration album. This album is one out of two albums released with the sequel being titled, “WE STILL DON’T TRUST YOU” set to drop on April 12 of this year. The first look we got at this album was at Rolling Loud 2024 where they teased a few of the songs and even performed with artist Travis Scott who has two features on the album. The duo then waited a week after their performance to let some more hype build up after the performance, then dropped the album, and it didn’t disappoint–it even surpassed certain expectations.

This album is a very fun listening experience and opens up with the title song that was used in the trailer for the album. It is one of the best songs as Metro production is insane just like it is throughout most of the album. After this, then another few of the best songs are played in “Young Metro” featuring The Weeknd and “Ice Attack” which are both good songs in their own right. On “Young Metro” The Weeknd has a fantastic feature and “Ice Attack” has a great beat switch. The album then goes into easily one of the best songs on the entire album in “Type S**t” featuring Travis Scott and Playboi Carti. Both of the featured artists do their job and Future holds his own as well. The standout of the song is easily Playboi Carti though. After this, “Like That” featuring Kendrick Lamar is the best song on the album and maybe of the entire year so far. It was Kendrick Lamar’s unexpected return to music and his verse served as a diss track to both Drake and J. Cole. Kendrick has never really dissed J. Cole before, but he has been consistently taking shots at Drake for almost ten years now. Then “Cinderella” is played which is a great service to the fans as many people thought we’d never get the song as it was leaked a while ago. The album then goes through many other good songs and ends with another good song titled “Where My Twin @” which addresses rapper Young Thug and the issues that he’s facing while being charged in a RICO case by the FBI for his record label YSL.

Although the album has plenty of fantastic features, the standouts of this album are easily Future and Metro Boomin. Metro creates perfect beats throughout the whole album that perfectly fit the theme. Metro’s beats made the perfect opportunity for Future to go and do what he does best. The best way to put it between these two is that they go together like peanut butter and jelly. They are easily one of the best duos in music and have proved it time and time again. They have many flawless songs together and this album just added onto that. Especially with the second album coming out soon, it is likely that these two will become even more prominent in the rap game than they already are.

All things considered, this album is a good listen and definitely worth the 1 hour. Overall, this album deserves a ⅘ stars and will be a strong contender for album of the year.