HORVATH HEADS TO COLLEGE VOLLEYBALL

Kerri Morris
Scarlet Horvath is continuing her volleyball career at Thiel College.

Scarlet Horvath is a senior at Struthers High School. She has been playing volleyball for 5 years and is continuing her career at Thiel College in the fall. 

Horvath has looked at other colleges for volleyball, but she liked Thiel the most. The staff and players there were more welcoming and supportive. 

Horvath felt the most connected to the girls at Thiel. 

“When I went to Geneva, I didn’t feel a connection to the other girls on the team. Thiel is also everything I wanted; it’s far enough from home but still close. It’s a super small campus, and it also has a D3,” says the athlete.

The volleyball player knew from freshman year that she wanted to play in college. She has trained and worked on her skills everyday since then to be the best she can be for college. 

The student athlete has been putting in hard work for years.

“I have been preparing since freshman year. I always knew I wanted to play volleyball in college, so since freshman year, I have been working out every day I can. I have also been going to jump stretches to get faster and stronger,” says Horvath. 

The athlete always knew college volleyball was for her. She loved volleyball in high school so much, she never had second thoughts about it. 

Her brother had a big impact on her as well. 

“I have always wanted to play in college. It’s always been the goal. My brother played football in college, and I always looked up to him in that way,” says the senior.