SANDUSKY SWINGS INTO SOFTBALL SEASON

Isabella Sferra
Isabella Sandusky, junior, is the designated hitter for the softball team.

Isabella Sandusky is a junior at Struthers High School who participates on the softball team, playing 1st and 3rd base. 

Sandusky has been playing since she was only 10 years old. Encouraged by all her friends, she decided to give softball a try. This decision ended up giving her many more years of enjoyable memories on the field. 

Winning or losing doesn’t determine the amount of fun Sandusky will have. 

“My favorite part of softball is the games because we just go out and have fun, even if we’re doing bad,” says Sandusky. 

Off-season has been going on for a bit but soon, the real season will be starting. To prepare, Sandusky has been building up strength and agility in the gym to get ready. 

Sandusky has no problem being committed to the team. 

“The easiest part of softball for me is just showing up to practice every day and putting in work. That’s the only part I don’t really think about,” says Sandusky. 

Balancing academics and athletics can be very difficult. Sandusky has found a way to make it work. By getting her homework done before practice, this gives her the opportunity to go into practice with a clear mind. 

This season is bringing a lot of new experiences. 

“We are playing lots of new teams, so I’m excited to see some new competition,” says Sandusky.