CLYDE CHEERS HER HEART OUT

Angie Madeline
Mia Clyde, junior, is a varsity cheerleader.

Mia Clyde is a junior at Struthers High School who is involved with the varsity cheer team during the basketball and football seasons. 

Clyde has been cheering since she was only 5 years old. Ever since she dreamed of wanting to become an Ohio State cheerleader, Clyde has been motivated. Cheering for her hometown is what brought her closest to that. 

There is nothing that compares to football season for Clyde. 

“My favorite part of cheer is football season. I am a big football fan and nothing is better than a fall, Friday night cheering for my hometown with my best friends. I always get so into it, especially with a season like we had this year,” says Clyde. 

Clyde was so talented that she made varsity her sophomore year. That was the biggest achievement in all her years. Cheering with the older girls taught Clyde a lot. She is glad she got to experience that opportunity.

Everything isn’t always easy. The hardest part for Clyde is nailing her stunt groups. 

“Definitely, the stunts are the hardest. When not everyone in a stunt group is on the same page during the stunt, everything can fall apart and people can get hurt very easily. But, when everyone is on the same page and the stunt goes up correctly, it is always the thing I feel most proud of,” says Clyde. 

Clyde has done very well at balancing her school life with her cheer life. She tries to never overwhelm herself and this has worked out very well for her. 

Senior year is coming up fast, but Clyde is prepared and excited. 

“I am looking forward to my senior year football season. I am so excited to see what our team can achieve and how much I can cheer them on for one last time. I am very excited,” said Clyde.