VLOSICH CHEERS THROUGH JUNIOR YEAR

Angie Madeline
Kaylyn Vlosich, junior, is a varsity cheerleader.

Kaylyn Vlosich is a junior at Struthers High School. She plays golf and is a part of the varsity cheerleading team. 

Balancing school and a sport is a challenge for student athletes. It takes a lot of time, responsibility, and dedication. Every student athlete takes pride in the hard work they do. 

Vlosich takes a lot of pride in her school work while balancing her sports. 

“I just make sure to use the time I have at school wisely to get my work done, so I can attend any game or practice stress free,” said the cheerleader. 

Being a cheerleader seems easy to most, but there are many challenges that factor into it. It is a very challenging sport mentally and physically. 

Vlosich sees the challenging part mentally on herself.

“The hardest part about cheering is how easy it is to be hard on yourself since cheering is all about perfecting,” says Vlosich. 

Becoming a great cheerleader means stepping in where you are needed. Learning new positions or skills takes lots of effort and practice. 

Vlosich is a flyer which comes with great challenges to overcome. 

“My biggest accomplishment in cheer is some of the more difficult stunts that my group and I have thrown. I’m really proud of how far I’ve come as a flyer from freshman year to now,” said the flyer.