MORRIS MANAGES OFF SEASON

Isabella Sferra
Katie Morris, junior, is ready for softball season to start.

Katie Morris is a junior at Struthers High School who participates in multiple sports and manages a great academic and athletic balance. 

Morris is involved in the varsity volleyball and softball teams. With softball right around the corner, she must prepare for her junior season. Her position switches between first base and pitcher. To get ready, she attends hitting, lifting, and pitching practices.

Each season comes with goals and Morris has high hopes for her team this season.  

“I would like to be one of the top four teams in the conference this year because we have struggled throughout the regular season the last two years,” says Morris. 

Morris has been involved in softball her whole life. Playing with her sister and her best friends makes the season very enjoyable for her. There is a better connection on the field, and this makes playing easier. 

Morris is looking forward to this upcoming season.

“I am looking forward to having the opportunity to play with the seniors for their final season and finally being able to play with my underclassmen friends,” says Morris. 

After playing a sport for so long, Morris has learned tons of lessons over the years. Each year comes with its own challenges, but Morris has learned how to overcome them. 

Morris struggles with pushing through a slump. 

“The hardest part of softball is getting over being in a slump, whether it’s not being able to hit or not understanding what you’re doing wrong. Sometimes, I find it challenging to be motivated to compete when I am frustrated with myself,” says Morris.