SAHLI SLAYS SOPHOMORE BASKETBALL SEASON

Kerri Morris
Isabella Sahli, sophomore, is a center for the Ladycats.

Bella Sahli is a sophomore at Struthers High School and plays various sports, including basketball.

The player believes that the girls’ basketball team will work better together throughout the season. The beginning of this year has been complicated, but after more practices and working with each other, the better outcome the team will have.

Sahli thinks the team has been working hard and will overall have a good season after a rough start.

“I do think we’ll have a decent season because of the effort and work we have all been putting in together. It has been difficult to start, but the more we get used to working together and the more confident we become, the better our team will perform as a whole,” says the sophomore.

Sahli does lots for the sport and contributes a lot of time and effort into the girls’ basketball team. She feels that her best strength is making people stay positive during bad times at games or practices.

The player gives positive vibes and helps people maintain positive energy during stressful times.

“I would like to think that I am someone people can rely on to provide energy for the team and keep people calm in tough situations/games,” says Sahli.

She does a lot for the team and really enjoys being a part of it. She adores her teammates and is so grateful for the positive vibes that her teammates show during games or practices. Sahli is still adjusting to the new coaches but has faith that they will make sure every player uses their strengths and does the best they can.

Sahli agrees that her teammates provide great memories. At the same time, she is getting more familiar with the coaches and trusts them to make the team work to the best of their ability.

“I love all of my teammates and how we all interact with each other. The atmosphere at practices, games, and in the locker room is amazing and I hope it lasts until the end of the season. Most of our coaches are still very new, and I’m still getting used to all of them, but I trust their abilities and believe that they will do what it takes to make sure our team ends up performing the best they can,” says the basketball player.