KIMBLE KEEPS UP EFFORT

Frank Marr
Katelyn Kimble, junior, is a shooting guard for the Ladycats.

Katelyn Kimble is a junior at Struthers High School who participates on the girls’ varsity basketball team. 

Watching her father teach her brother to play basketball encouraged Kimble to start. Kimble has been playing basketball since the third grade when she got pulled up to play on the fourth grade team.

Before the season starts, Kimble prepares by doing everything she can. 

“In the summer we do lifting, play scrimmages against other teams, and have open gyms,” says Kimble. 

Kimble has done a lot to get where she is today. On and off the court, she keeps herself active. She has no problem balancing her academics with her athletics. 

Every sport comes with struggles, and for Kimble, it’s keeping her confidence. 

“Staying confident as a player is the hardest thing for me. Especially as a shooter, because after a bad game I really struggle with keeping my head up,” says Kimble. 

Not only does Kimble participate in high school basketball, but she also does AAU in the off-season. Keeping herself busy lets her get closer to her goal of making all-county this year. 

Playing AAU comes with a lot of good memories. 

“My favorite memory in basketball is hitting a game-winning shot in an AAU tournament in Pittsburgh,” says Kimble.