BIBLE STUDY STARTS AT SHS

Isabella Sferra
Emma Hawkins, junior, started the bible study group at SHS.

At Struthers High School, on Tuesday, November 28, there was a meeting after school to study the bible.

Although it does seem boring and not something that someone would be interested in, it can be fun. Emma Hawkins, the person who runs the group, makes it fun. She tells little stories about the one story that’s being read. She also explains the text if you do not understand. 

Bible study is worth giving a try.

“When I started high school, I wanted to make Christian friends because I felt very alone. I got the idea to start the Bible study, but it didn’t work out until the middle of my sophomore year. Though it started very small, with only one girl coming each week, it is slowly growing,” says Hawkins. 

Bible study gives any student the opportunity to see what God is like and to give them the reality of God’s plan. Being a part of this group can give you a better mindset and in general, it can help you.

Others might have a different point of view of bible study. 

Bible study is where you read scriptures and talk about it and how it can relate to our lives,” says sophomore Savanna Maziel. 

Bible study is where students meet up after school to read and talk about scriptures. There will be questions asked to make the student better understand the text. Questions will also be answered. 

Bible study creates a positive change in a student’s life.

“Bible study has impacted my life because it brought my relationship with Jesus to a better spot,” says sophomore Baylee Miner. 

Bible study helps students in life and also helps them grow closer to God. This study can better explain what you can do better in life. It may help students grow further away from any bad influences or bad substances.