SPENCER SLIDES INTO JUNIOR YEAR

Ava Pokopatz
Randy Spencer, junior, is a leader for the Robotics team.

Randy Spencer is a junior at Struthers High School.

Students find ways to enjoy school, even if it’s not their favorite thing. They find the days go by faster through friends, electives, clubs and more. School is meant to make students smarter and expand knowledge. But, finding different interests also expands knowledge.

Spencer joined robotics because of his fascination with it and his friends.

“It seemed interesting freshman year and my friends turned out to be very good at it,” says Spencer.

The class (Robotics) spends months on making a robot to compete in several competitions. This class uses a combination of graphics, mathematics, technology, programming and more. 

Spencer enjoys the class and can’t wait to go to Kalahari for it and leave school. 

“The best part is going to Kalahari at the end of the year or being able to miss class because of a competition,” says Spencer. 

Every student has one of their favorite classes or teachers. Even if it’s in the past or present, students like certain subjects or enjoy certain teachers.

Spencer enjoys his favorite subject with his favorite teacher.

“My favorite subject is AP Government because I love Mr. Dailey, and he is the greatest teacher of all time,” says Spencer.