HOBART SLAMS THROUGH JUNIOR YEAR

Tyler Hobart, junior, if the defensive tackle for the Cats.
Leahcim Images

Tyler Hobart is a student athlete at Struthers High School who plays defensive tackle for the Wildcats football team. 

The Wildcats made it all the way to regional finals and made a big name for themselves. They had 23 juniors this year, so they should be just as good or even better next year. The team just has to stay motivated and work really hard during this off season. 

Hobart believes they need to continue and focus on their goals for next year. 

“We need to work as hard as we can and be consistent on the field and in the gym,” says Hobart. 

The juniors know that it’s their responsibility to step up and take over the seniors’ spots. With the Wildcats losing a 4-year letter winner senior like Anthony Carter, they have some shoes to fill. Taking over, not only on the field but also in the locker room, will be a challenge, but the Wildcats are ready. 

The leadership role is going to be switched over to the juniors, and they need to be prepared. 

“Going into senior year, I understand that we are going to have such a bigger role than we used to. We are going to have to take over the leadership,” says Hobart. 

Every football player has the dream of playing in a state championship game. The Wildcats have made it a goal to be there next year. With the amount of talent coming back to the team next year, it is very realistic for them to make it that far in the playoffs. 

Hobart has made it a very big goal to make it way further in the playoffs next season. 

“Next year, I want to make it undefeated and get that state championship win for the Wildcats,” says Hobart.