DUKES GETS DANGEROUS THIS SEASON

Jason Dukes, senior, is the quarterback and safety for the Cats.
Instagram

Jason Dukes, a junior at Struthers High School, is a quarterback and free safety. He has been playing football for 12 years now and is going on 13. He has spent 4 years at Struthers and the rest for the Redmen on the Southside of Youngstown. 

The football season for the Wildcats ended on Friday, November 17 at the Regional Finals. The score was 35-13 against South Canton and Canton took the win. 

The Cats put their best foot forward, tried their hardest, and fought until the end. Dukes is thankful for the season they had and proud of his work this year.

“I really don’t know how to feel to be honest, because I waited so long for this season because I missed last season and it went so fast but lasted so long,” says the quarterback.

Keeping an open mind for next season, Dukes is very determined to do the same next year and go farther.

It is important for this quarterback to finish what he started this season. He just has to prepare himself for what’s to come.

“Staying in the gym and training harder than I ever did is definitely something I need to do. Also, most importantly, I need to stay in shape for next season,” says Dukes.

Struthers had a lot of good moments and wins that they deserved and accomplished successfully. Especially Dukes, who is a great player for the Wildcats.

Dukes had a ton of great plays and strategies on the field that helped the team.

“A highlight of the season the team had would be the interception against Poland part 2 that gave us momentum to score and eventually win the game. Personally a highlight for me is I ran for 1300 yards and passed for around 300 yards. The team accomplished history being the first team in school history to reach week 14 and pass week 12,” says the athlete.

View Comments (1)