RUSSELL REFLECTS ON TENNIS SEASON

Morgan Minno
Gabby Russell, senior, was a member of the tennis team.

Gabrielle Russell is a senior at Struthers High School and she is involved in many clubs and different activities within the school. Russell maintains good grades and a good GPA along with balancing her sport and tennis schedule. 

Russell knows having good grades and doing good in her sport is hard, but she makes it work.

“It is very hard to balance everything because I had tennis practice every single day. I try to focus and work as hard as I can in school, so I can finish it while I’m there, and I won’t have any homework,” says Russell. 

The senior was always very positive on the court. No matter if she was winning or losing, she always had a positive mindset. Not only did she stay positive to herself, but she was also always cheering on her teammates. 

Russell wanted everyone to always stay positive. 

“I believe that I am a team player, and I never give up even when I’m losing. I always try to pull out a win, no matter if it’s just my win or my teammates’ win,” says the tennis player. 

The player is upset that she is done with high school tennis, but she does have some great memories to keep with her. Russell will always remember this season as bitter-sweet and a lot of fun. 

The senior had hard work and dedication all year, but there were also really fun times. 

“My favorite memory is when we beat Poland and won conference championships. My team and I were on the bus celebrating and it made me so happy to see us win after working so hard all season. Tennis was always so fun, I’ll miss playing with all my girls, but I had the most fun I’ve ever had. I’m just happy my senior year was memorable and exciting,” says Russell.