GALAZIA GLOWS WITH SPIRIT

Angie Madeline
Nadia Galazia, center, is a cheerleader for the Cats.

Nadia Galazia is a junior at Struthers High School who participates in cheerleading during her free time. 

Galazia has been cheering for over 10 years. She was always motivated by the people around her to get involved and has no regrets about listening to them. Cheer has become a very important part of her life. 

Galazia has always been filled with people around her who were cheerleaders. 

“I started cheering because the people around me encouraged me to get involved when I was little. I was always around people who cheered,” says Galazia. 

Galazia has been cheering during football season since she was a freshman. This year will be her first year taking part during the basketball season. She’s very excited to get the opportunity to try something new. 

Balancing a sport while trying to keep up with school is never easy, but Galazia does a good job at it. 

“I make sure I keep my school work on time and keep my grades up, so I don’t need to worry about it affecting my life during cheer, after school and on the weekends,” says Galazia. 

Getting to cheer with her childhood friends makes Galazia’s season a lot more fun. It makes the team a lot stronger since they have all been around each other for so long. The team holds a more special bond.

Having friends on the team makes a big difference for Galazia. 

“Doing it with the same friends since I was little and having some of my best friends on the team with me makes it more enjoyable,” says Galazia.