CARCELLI TAKES ON POLAND

MV Sports
Robert Carcelli, junior, is leading the Cats to victory on the gridiron.

Robert Carcelli is a junior at Struthers High School. He plays football as a wide receiver and outside linebacker. 

The Wildcats played the Poland Bulldogs on Friday, October 20. The Wildcats were 7-2 going into this game and were hoping to beat their biggest rivals. 

The wide receiver was ready to take them on and keep his mind clear to show out. 

“It was obviously a big game, so we just had to ignore the distractions and show up in Poland ready to handle business,” says Carcelli. 

With Struthers and Poland being rivals, Poland week gets the whole school and even community excited. This game was big this year with Poland being 8-1. 

Carcelli was pumped and ready to play the Bulldogs. 

“The overall rivalry between us and Poland is exciting alone but also the idea of being able to go into their house and beat them on TV, it just doesn’t get much better than that,” says the player.

The Wildcats football team has a strong bond this year and plays great together. Football creates strong bonds between the players, so the chemistry is better on the field. 

Carcelli’s favorite thing about football is the friendships he creates. 

“The bonds and friendships that you create with your teammates as you go through the season, whether it’s through the highs or lows,” says outside linebacker.