EKONIAK EXPRESSES LOVE FOR CHEER

Kaylyn Vlosich
Laci Ekoniak is a senior cheerleader and is captain of the squad.

Laci Ekoniak is an 18-year-old senior at Struthers High School. Ekoniak has been cheerleading for 12 years. 

She was voted as head cheer captain by the cheerleaders, and she is also a 2-year letter winner in cheerleading. 

Ekoniak enjoys her squad.

“I love the girls I cheer with, they make the memories even better,” she says. 

Ekoniak has a lot of experience in cheerleading and has put all of her 12 years of hard into her cheerleading career. 

She enjoys cheerleading and all of her years, but only a couple years stand out to her the most. 

Ekoniak’s senior and sophomore years made her feel the happiest. 

“Definitely either my sophomore year or my senior year now. I don’t really have a reason why, they were just some great years,” says Ekoniak. 

With this being Ekoniak’s last year, she plans to continue her cheerleading career when she goes off to college. 

Ekoniak will miss cheerleading because this is her last year of high school cheerleading. 

“I’m really sad because I love cheering; it’s my favorite thing to do. I’ve grown into a better cheerleader and made some great friendships. But time really does fly, so make the most out of every single game. You’re going to miss it once it’s gone,” says Ekoniak.