STRUTHERS FIGHTS FOR SUCCESS

MV Sports
The Ladycats finished the 2023 season successfully.

The Struthers varsity soccer team finished off their season after playing Streetsboro on Thursday, October 19 at Streetsboro High School. 

The girls worked very hard this season and pushed through to overcome many difficulties. Injuries made it hard for the team to play to their fullest, and they didn’t always get the results they wanted, but they still pushed through until the end. 

Angelina Carcelli, a sophomore on the team, is excited for the future despite the struggles of this year. 

“The most difficult part of this season was definitely not playing to the best of our abilities. I am looking forward to redeeming ourselves against these teams next season,” says Carcelli. 

This season was a chance for many new players to make their mark on the team. While they did not have many new players, all of the athletes that came to play for their first time made sure their impact was known. 

Carmella Lanzo, the only freshman on the team, enjoyed the new environment soccer provided for her. 

“My first season of soccer was very fun. I made new friends and met many new people, it was a good experience,” says Lanzo. 

The new experiences of the first year players was offset by the more experienced players who helped them this season. This is especially true with this year’s seniors, who proudly captained their team and led the future of the team in the right direction. Their influence on the team made a huge impact on each of the younger players. 

Lexa Tovtin, senior, learned valuable lessons from soccer and will always appreciate what it has taught her. 

“I’ve been able to understand the meaning of leadership and discipline. Soccer is going to help me in the future with the memories I’ve made and the lessons I’ve learned. I will be able to take them with me as I go through life,” says Tovtin.