TEAMS MAKE BIG MOVES

This off-season has been very exciting, and a lot of teams have made big moves. 

Some teams have made drastic changes and look completely different from last year. 

One of the teams that has made a lot of changes is the Pittsburgh Steelers. 

They traded starting quarterback Kenny Picket to the Eagles; they traded for Justin Fields and signed Russell Wilson. The two quarterbacks will fight for a spot. Considering that Russell Wilson is only on a one year contract, Justin Fields will probably be the starter after this year. Another big move that they made is signing former Ravens linebacker Patrick Queen. The former Pro Bowler will be the best linebacker on the team and will help complete one of the best defenses in the league. 

The Steelers have multiple big moves that will help them win games. If things work out in their favor, they could be Super Bowl contenders. 

“The middle linebacker was definitely a position of need, and the Steelers nailed it. Queen was a second-team All-Pro and a Pro Bowl linebacker for the Ravens last season. He should make the defense more dynamic as he teams up with other Steelers stars like T.J. Watt, Minkah Fitzpatrick and Cam Heyward,” says sports writer Trevor Brain. 

While they did lose multiple parts of the defense, another team that has had a successful offseason is the Ravens. They have been known for their exciting offense, but with the addition of All-Pro running back Derrick Henry, they will be almost impossible to stop. Henry is one of the best running backs in the league and is sure to help the Ravens offense. 

The Ravens were defeated in the AFC championship last year, and with the addition of Derrick Henry, they are definitely Super Bowl Contenders. 

“Henry, 30, departs Tennessee after eight seasons and arrives in Baltimore as a seemingly splendid fit for the Ravens, adding a battering ram to complement the game-breaking speed and elusiveness of quarterback Lamar Jackson,” says NFL analyst Grant Gordon. 

Another team that is definitely in the conversation for the Super Bowl is the Texans. They are a very young team; they have the offensive and defensive rookies of the year, and with the addition of Stefon Diggs they are destined to be great. The Texans received one of the best receivers in the league, only sending the Bills a second round pick and him working with Texans quarterback CJ Stroud will be a scary sight for a defense. 

The Texans have many young stars, and the presence and help of Stefon Diggs, the team may be complete. 

“In a blockbuster trade between Houston and the Buffalo Bills, Diggs was shipped out in exchange for a future 2025 second-round pick. For a player, many believe still has a few years left in his prime, a surprisingly low price paid by the Texans,” says Texans writer Evan Sidery.