NFL TEAMS MAKE BIG OFF-SEASON MOVES

NFL TEAMS MAKE BIG OFF-SEASON MOVES

Now that the NFL season is over, some teams have a big off-season ahead of them. 

These next few months can completely change the course of a team’s season. 

One team that has multiple big decisions to make is the Chicago Bears. In 2021, they drafted quarterback Justin Fields. Although he shows flashes, his performance over the past couple years has been questionable, but he hasn’t had a lot of help. The Bears haven’t had a winning season since they drafted Fields, and they don’t know if they should trade him or keep him and build around his talent. Chicago needs to find a way to win, and Fields being the captain and quarterback of the team plays a key role in their success.  

The Bears have two early draft picks, one of them being the first overall, leaving them with a lot of potential for a good off-season. 

“The Chicago Bears hold the first overall pick in the 2024 NFL Draft. This class of players includes one of the top quarterback prospects in years–USC’s Caleb Williams–and the Bears are widely expected to draft him,” says sports writer Ayrton Ostly.

Another team that has a big off-season ahead of them is the Pittsburgh Steelers. They have been a border line playoff team for the past couple of years. With young quarterback Kenny Pickett, who has been inconsistent to say the least, they are in a complicated situation. They claim they are going to give him another shot before making any drastic decisions, but nothing is official yet. Pittsburgh could still end up drafting, signing, or trading for a quarterback, and fans are in favor of it.  

The Steelers have a lot of talent all over the field, but without a quarterback, it is almost impossible to win. 

“The Steelers have a strong running game, quality receiving options, and playmakers on defense. They went 10-7 and made the playoffs with largely underwhelming quarterback play last season,” says Steelers writer Jeremy Pike. 

Russell Wilson is one of many quarterbacks that are leaving this off-season. He spent the majority of his career with the Seahawks, but he was traded to the Broncos two years ago. 

Denver plans on releasing Wilson, and although he is old, he is talented and has a lot of experience in the league. 

“The Broncos have informed Russell Wilson that they will release him after the start of the new league year on March 13,” says NFL analyst Adam Schein.