KANSAS CITY BRINGS TROPHY HOME

Patrick Mahomes helped lead the Chiefs to the Super Bowl win.

The Kansas City Chiefs defeated the San Francisco 49ers in the Super Bowl–the final score was 25-22. 

Kansas City has a total of 4 Super Bowls; their first Super Bowl victory was Super Bowl IV, and their last 3 have all been won within the past 5 years. 

This past Super Bowl, Super Bowl LVII, was the second Super Bowl to ever go into overtime. In the first half, the 49ers had the lead, ending the second quarter with a score of 10-3. By the time the fourth quarter came to an end, the score was 19-19. 

In overtime, the 49ers elected to receive and ended up kicking a field goal. That’s when the Chiefs offense marched downfield, and they scored the game winning touchdown. 

“The moment Mecole Hardman caught the game-winning touchdown pass to end Sunday night’s Super Bowl is one that Kansas City Chiefs fans will never forget,” says journalist Sean Neumann. 

The Chiefs offense is their strong point, and it is led by quarterback Patrick Mahomes. The 5 time All-Pro has been in the league for 7 years. It is still early in his career and he has already led his team to 3 Super Bowl victories and has 3 Super Bowl MVPs. 

Mahomes always shows up in the big moments and is one of the main reasons for the Chiefs recent success. 

“He led two epic drives–one for a game-tying field goal at the end of the fourth quarter, another for a game-winning touchdown in the second Super Bowl overtime ever played–that made the Chiefs the first repeat champions since the New England Patriots 19 years ago,” says sports writer Adam Kilgore. 

Throughout the past years, Andy Reid and the Chiefs have built a dynasty. They are winning at a rate that has not been matched in years and are one of the most exciting teams in the history of the NFL. They have a very explosive offense, and there is a bright future ahead of the Kansas City Chiefs. 

The Chiefs are setting records, and they don’t seem to be stopping anytime soon. 

“The Chiefs became just the fourth team in NFL history to win three Super Bowls in a five-year stretch and became the seventh franchise to hoist four or more Lombardi Trophies,” says NFL analyst Micheal Baca.