PARANOIA KEEPS YOU FROM IMPORTANT EXPERIENCES

Many people live their lives restricted because of fear and paranoia. Having this restriction can keep you safe but also keep you from experiencing new things. 

Paranoia isn’t something that protects you. 

Most people have some level of paranoia but also are willing to take a risk. Taking risks is all about growing up and learning about your individuality as a person, and these risks become limited when you let paranoia control your entire life. According to Effects of Paranoia, “If you avoid people or stay indoors a lot, you may feel even more isolated.” Having this constant fear can make you feel isolated and alone. 

Now, lots of others say that having that “gut feeling” can protect you from harm, heartbreak and even losing friendships. Although this may be true, it also strips you from experiences that are essential for learning important lessons. Learning to control this feeling can let many have fun experiences that would never happen if they self-isolate. 

Changing this habit isn’t something that can be done overnight, but it can be practiced. Going out with a group of friends can be something that strikes you with anxiety and paranoia, but the more it’s practiced, this fear will become less intense.