BOWLING BECOMES POPULAR

Isabella Sferra
Ayden Grossman, senior, is a member of the bowing team.

The Struthers Wildcats are bowling this season in hopes to get a state title.

With a 2022-2023 senior going to state, this year’s seniors could achieve great things. 

The Struthers bowling team has gotten better over the years by beating other schools in the area, so much so that they went to state in the season of 2022-2023.

It is secure to say that bowling will do well this season.

“I expect to go to state again this year. Based on what we’ve done so far, I think it’s safe to assume that it will be a good season,” says senior Ayden Grossman.

Bowling is a good sport to play during the winter and basketball season. 

Bowling can be enjoyable, but it also has some expenses whether you plan or not.

“The pros are that it’s a fun hobby to be good at, and the skill lasts a long time once you’ve learned it. The cons are that the tournaments start pretty early in the morning most of the time, the equipment is often pretty pricey depending on what you need and whether or not you participate in the match can sometimes be entirely based on if the opposing school has a team for you to play,” says Grossman.

Grossman participated in bowling for 10 years and started in high school due to boredom. Looking back now, he might exchange how he did things.

Engagement in bowling can make or break the season.

“Honestly, I first joined because I was bored freshman year. I would definitely change how committed I was to it my first and second year,” says Grossman.