BILLS CONTINUE TO DISAPPOINT

Google
Josh Allen is the quarterback for the Buffalo Bills.

The Buffalo Bills were projected to be one of the top teams in the NFL. Now, they are 6-6 and second place in the AFC East. 

The Bills have made the playoffs for the past four years. Going into this year, they did not expect it to go how it is going. In 2019, they went 10-6 and made the playoffs. In 2020, they went 13-3 and lost in the third round of the playoffs. After these two years, they were expected to be Super Bowl Champions in the near future. In the following two years, they went 11-6, 13-3, and lost in the second round of the playoffs both years. 

With star players such as Josh Allen and Stefon Diggs returning, the Bills had high expectations this year. 

“They were one of the few teams that was a reasonable Super Bowl pick,” says analyst Frank Schwab. 

Although they still have a very good roster, one of the reasons for their unsuccessful season is the loss of defensive leader Tremaine Edmunds. Another player that they lost is Devin Singletary, one of their running backs, along with wide receiver Isaiah McKenzie. 

Although these losses don’t seem like a lot, some of these players played a huge role in their success this offseason. 

“Edmunds fielded play calling duties on defense and was a talent whose play fetched him a large multi-year deal during free agency this offseason with the Chicago Bears,” says analyst David De Cristofaro. 

This season, Buffalo started off with a 5-3 record. The following weeks consisted of one win and three close losses. 

As of right now, the Bills are struggling, but if they have the talent to win and start to play like they are supposed to, they can win games. 

“With seconds on the clock, the kicker’s first attempt from 41 yards had drifted wide of the mark, but he was offered a reprieve after the Bills were penalized for having too many players on the field,” says analyst Ben Church.