CFP RANKINGS HEAT UP AS SEASON NEARS END

Google
Ryan Day has lost the last three games against Michigan.

Ohio State looks to remain at number 1 in the college ranks as Georgia and Michigan are close behind.

Ohio State, Georgia and Michigan are the undeniable top 3 teams in college football after Michigan got its first respectable win this season against No. 10 Penn State. Georgia beat a top 10 team in dominating fashion after winning a ranked game last week. And, Ohio State beat a ranked Notre Dame and two loss teams in Wisconsin, Rutgers, and Maryland. Ohio State also beat No. 6 at the time Penn State. You can switch these three and be right every time.

There are many different opinions on Ohio State being the #1 ranked team in the nation.

“Ohio State was named the top team in the nation by the College Football Playoff (CFP) on Tuesday after having been no higher than third on any of the previous AP lists up to that point. With this new set of rankings from the AP, the disagreement between the two organizations continues for at least another week,” says Spinner.

Georgia may jump Ohio State in the latest ranking as they took down previously ranked No. 9 Ole Miss 52-17 in dominating style. Georgia also beat No. 14 Mizzou last week 30-21 who just beat a ranked Tennessee team this past week in dominating fashion 36-7. Georgia has been on a roll and seems they want to continue as they prepare for Alabama in the SEC Championship.

Georgia has many CFP analysts downing the team when they could be No. 1.

“We’ve had plenty of people doubting us each game we go into. We have a star player that’s been out for a while in Brock [Bowers], so it’s like everybody’s doubted us and given us motivation through that,” says Head Coach Kirby Smart.

Michigan is just waiting for their matchup with Ohio State in two weeks to prove themselves. This is the most questionable team of all as they have been cheating for the last three years, and now they may be punished by the NCAA after being punished by the Big Ten. They already lost Head Coach Jim Harbaugh for the rest of the regular season. Michigan has played a weak schedule all year and finally played a ranked opponent in No. 10 Penn State. Michigan looks to defeat Ohio State and jump to No. 1.

Michigan Running Back Blake Corum thinks they should stay determined with Harbaugh.

“What are you gonna do when your back’s against the wall?” Corum said. “When you feel everyone (is) against you, what are you gonna do? Are you gonna cower down? Well, I was told to stand on all 10 (toes). Keep fighting, keep fighting, keep punching … keep going,” says Corum.