DOBBS SHOCKS WORLD

Google
Josh Dobbs is the quarterback for the Minnesota Vikings.

Josh Dobbs, a quarterback that spent most of his career as a backup, has started for two different teams this season. 

Dobbs has had an interesting career and has spent a lot of time with different teams. In college, he played for the University of Tennessee, where he broke the record for most rushing yards by a quarterback in university history. He started off his NFL career by being drafted by the Steelers in 2017. He was the 7th quarterback taken, but he spent his career in Pittsburgh sitting behind Ben Roethlisberger. 

Before his time on the Cardinals, he spent a lot of time with the Steelers. Dobbs didn’t just play for the Steelers; he also played for Jacksonville, Cleveland, Tennessee and Detroit.

“Joshua Dobbs, a seven-year NFL veteran, has spent time with the Pittsburgh Steelers (2017-18, 2020-21), Jacksonville Jaguars (2019), Cleveland Browns (2022), Detroit Lions (2022), Tennessee Titans (2022) and Arizona Cardinals (2023) after originally entering the NFL as a fourth-round draft pick with Pittsburgh in 2017,” says a Vikings analyst. 

After playing at multiple places, Dobbs was traded from the Cleveland Browns to the Arizona Cardinals, where he would eventually earn his chance to start. Dobbs threw for 1,569 yards, and eight touchdowns, in eight games. 

After his few games on the cardinals, he was traded to the Minnesota Vikings. 

“The Vikings got quarterback Josh Dobbs and a 2024 seventh-round pick for a 2024 sixth-round pick. Already, the Vikings have gotten their sixth-round pick’s worth. It might only get better for the Vikings, who have gone from 1-4 to playoff contender at 5-4,” says analyst Mike Florio.

Just when Dobbs thought he was going to go back to being a backup, something unexpected happened. Viking quarterback, who was filling in for Kirk Cousins, Jaren Hall, got hurt. The only problem was that Dobbs had no time to learn Minnesota’s offense, being that this was his first week as a Viking. With all odds stacked against him, Dobbs shocked everyone, throwing for 158 yards and two touchdowns. 

Since then, Dobbs has played another game, where he started for the Vikings and is still doing well. 

“In his two games with the Vikings, Dobbs has completed over 70% of his passes, accounted for five TDs (three passing, two rushing) and has not turned over the ball,” says analyst Armando Salguero.