McCARTHY TAKES LEADS HEISMAN RACE

J.J. McCarthy is leading the Heisman race.

J.J. McCarthy takes the lead in the Heisman race after having a stellar weekend against a terrible Michigan State team.

McCarthy threw for 77.8% for 287 yards and 4 TD’s on October 14 against a terrible Michigan State team as Penix and Williams both had slow weeks and dropped in the race. McCarthy performed beyond expectations and has done that this entire season, even though Michigan has played a pretty weak schedule. Michigan does have a difficult slate coming up and will definitely be tested.

Many scouts have had mixed feelings about McCarthy being favored.

“While some talk about Michigan’s schedule being overblown, it’s true the Wolverines haven’t had the kind of marquee matchup to garner national attention yet. The last country at large remembers McCarthy throwing two pick sixes in a semifinal loss to TCU. It was a terrible way for a promising season,” says Fornelli.

Michael Penix Jr. has had a spectacular season and has blown people out of the water. He was favored last week after a big-ranked win over Oregon had a slow week this week. Penix threw for 64.3% 275 yards and 2 interceptions and escaped a potential upset by unranked Arizona State. When you’re a heisman winner you perform at your best in all games and this potentially could lose him the race.

This is easily his worst game all year.

“Arizona State handcuffed Michael Penix Jr., the Heisman Trophy hopeful and nation’s top passer, like no other defense this season,” says the Associated Press.

Caleb Williams is the best Quarterback in all of college football. There is no debate that he will definitely win it after his last 2 performances. Williams threw 3 interceptions in the game against a Notre Dame team. He didn’t perform well enough to beat a ranked Utah, who he also holds a 0-3 record against in his career. Regardless, Williams will still definitely be the number 1 quarterback taken off the board in the 2024 NFL draft.

Williams still has had a spectacular career and season despite the huge games he lost. 

“Any major aspirations that the USC Trojans had with reigning Heisman winner Caleb Williams at quarterback are dead now. They were likely on life support at best after getting shellacked by Notre Dame last week. Following that up with the program and QB’s third straight loss to Utah, however, certainly did the job thereafter, though,” says Cody Williams.