SENIOR FOCUS

Ava Pokopatz
(Left to Right): David Lind, Charlie Miller, Jack Romeo, Mason Cappelli, Noah Rihel

Mason Cappelli

What are your future plans? My future plans are to attend a specialized barber college, build a clientele and eventually start my own shop.

What was your favorite memory of high school so far? A lot of my favorite memories stem from playing football, but to be more specific, the Poland game in the playoffs this past year was my favorite. The atmosphere was crazy, and all of our hard work had finally paid off. The reward was surreal.

Are you feeling the effects of senioritis? Why or why not? I definitely have been feeling the effects. I’d say I was experiencing it a little at the end of last year, and this year it’s been getting a bit worse.

How has the start of the second semester been so far? It’s been pretty easy, class wise. I get out a period earlier than last semester also, which is nice.

What are you most looking forward to within the next few months? I’m looking forward to finally graduating high school and officially starting my barber schooling/training and career.

What’s something you learned in high school that you’ll take with you throughout the rest of your life? I’ve learned to value every moment in life, such as time with friends, hobbies, passions, etc. After school, I won’t see most of the kids I’ve played sports or went to school with for the last 12 years.

What are you going to miss most about high school? I’m going to miss the social aspect; I won’t be as close to most of the people I’ve gone to school with and been friends with really after school, and will have to find a new way to still be social. It’s nice seeing friends and peers every day, that’s really going to be something I’m going to miss.

What are your thoughts and feelings about life after graduation? Everything still hasn’t hit me entirely yet, but I’m pretty nervous since I’m almost officially starting my life. It’s crazy to think about how close we are to being done.

David Lind

What are your future plans? I’m going to a trade school after graduation.

What was your favorite memory of high school so far? My favorite memories of high  school have been hanging out with my friends and getting to know people who I otherwise wouldn’t have known or connected with.

Are you feeling the effects of senioritis? Why or why not? Yes, I’m definitely feeling the effects of senioritis. Every day gets harder and harder to get up for school, show up on time and keep up with my work.

How has the start of the second semester been so far? The start of the second semester has been good, so far it’s going better than the first.

What are you most looking forward to within the next few months? I’m excited to go on trips with my friends after we graduate.

What’s something you learned in high school that you’ll take with you throughout the rest of your life? I learned that you can’t take stuff so seriously. Obviously, there’s some stuff that has to be taken seriously, but not everything has to be.

What are you going to miss most about high school? I’m going to miss all the people who I probably won’t ever see again. It’s going to be weird not seeing them all the time. I’m also going to miss attending sporting events.

What are your thoughts and feelings about life after graduation? I’m excited to graduate, but I’m also kind of sad that I’m not going to get to see a lot of the people I’ve been around my whole life again.

Charlie Miller

What are your future plans? My future plans are to attend Youngstown State to study civil engineering.

What was your favorite memory of high school so far? This past year, beating Poland in the playoffs for football, after just losing to them in the regular season.

Are you feeling the effects of senioritis? Why or why not? Yes, all of my work is starting to be harder to get done.

How has the start of the second semester been so far? Good, I’m just going with the flow. 

What are you most looking forward to within the next few months? Kalahari, Prom and the rest of the activities that come with the end of senior year

What’s something you learned in high school that you’ll take with you throughout the rest of your life? It’s important to manage your time wisely. I learned that the hard way; procrastination just makes everything worse.

What are you going to miss most about high school? I’m going to miss seeing all of the people that I’ve seen every day. My friends and even just the people I’ve gone to school with my whole life.

What are your thoughts and feelings about life after graduation? I’m excited to see where I take myself after graduation. Between college and starting my career, I’m excited for my next chapter.

Noah Rhiel

What are your future plans? My future plans are to attend Cleveland State to study business and finance.

What was your favorite memory of high school so far? My favorite memory is either junior year prom, or when we broke the stands at the Poland away basketball game sophomore year.

Are you feeling the effects of senioritis? Why or why not? Yes, my grades are starting to drop a bit.

How has the start of the second semester been so far? Honestly it hasn’t been the greatest, my grades are dropping a bit, and I’m just ready to graduate.

What are you most looking forward to within the next few months? I’m most looking forward to going to Kalahari and Prom.

What’s something you learned in high school that you’ll take with you throughout the rest of your life? You learn a lot from the people around you. You’re never fully sure or aware of what someone has going on in their own personal lives.

What are you going to miss most about high school? I’m going to miss the environment of high school sports, specifically football because I used to play.

What are your thoughts and feelings about life after graduation? I’m excited to see where the next chapter of my life takes me.

Jack Romeo

What are your future plans? I plan to attend The Ohio State University to study mechanical engineering.

What was your favorite memory of high school so far? My favorite memory of high school was going to the football games and watching the team with all my friends. It was fun to be there supporting everyone and having fun with the themes and my friends.

Are you feeling the effects of senioritis? Why or why not? I’d say I am feeling the effects of senioritis. I’m ready to be done with this year and am excited about college. I’m ready for it to be summer.

How has the start of the second semester been so far? The start of the second semester has been good so far, but it has been pretty boring. I think it will become more enjoyable once we start the 4th nine weeks. and things start winding down.

What are you most looking forward to within the next few months? I am looking forward to prom, this is my last prom and I am excited. Last year was very fun, and I can’t wait to have a great time again this year.

What’s something you learned in high school that you’ll take with you throughout the rest of your life? High school taught me how to communicate effectively; I will use this skill for the rest of my life. It has also taught me some life skills here and there. Mr. Matzye always shares some life advice.

What are you going to miss most about high school? I am going to miss seeing my friends every day. It is something that we take for granted since we are so used to it. Everyone is going their own way after graduation and there are some people I may never see again. I will definitely miss walking into first period and sitting with my friends like I have done every day throughout my high school career.

What are your thoughts and feelings about life after graduation? I am nervous about college because I will not know many people where I am going. But, that’s what makes it so captivating; it’s a fresh start, somewhere new to explore, new people to meet, and new things to do. I think I will have a little bit of a rough adjustment period,  just because I will be on my own and sometimes I won’t know what to do. After a few days, I think I will start to enjoy it and become used to a new routine and a new lifestyle.