SENIOR FOCUS

Isabella Sferra
Front Row (Left to Right): Destiney Corbett, Laci Ekoniak Back Row (Left to Right): Ayden Grossman, Na’Jier Howard, Caleb Sakara

Destiney Corbett

Do you intend to continue playing football, cheering or playing in the band in college/at the next level? Why or why not?No, I don’t. I would like to start something new. I feel like I’m ready to be done with it, and I’m ready to close the chapter.

How has the season gone from your perspective? It’s gone okay. I feel like the football team has done really well, only having two losses, and, overall, I think we’ve had a pretty good season.

Do you feel confident about the upcoming playoffs? How far do you hope to go? I feel pretty confident as long as our players stay confident, focused and keep their head in the game, and don’t overthink it.

Has your senior season/year gone by faster than you expected? Why/Why not? How do you feel about it? It’s gone by pretty fast. I thought it was going to be a slow season, but it hasn’t. At the beginning of the season, I was just ready for it to be done, but now I’ve cherished it, and it’s flown by.

What are your tentative plans after high school? I plan to go to YSU for a few years, get my degree then transfer to a different school.

What is your favorite part about Friday nights? When we’re winning, the atmosphere the guard gives off is a really fun and unique environment. We get a little more freedom, have a little more fun, and this is when we really connect as a group.

Are you excited for the future? I’m pretty excited, even though it’s scary.

What has been your favorite memory of high school football games? My junior season was my favorite memory. I loved the entire thing.

Laci Ekoniak

Do you intend to continue playing football, cheering, or playing in the band in college/at the next level? Why or why not? Yes, I want to cheer in college. I love this sport more than anything, so I want to continue doing something I love

How has the season gone from your perspective? The football season has been amazing; it was probably one of the best seasons I’ve ever had. I hope we can keep winning and continue the season for as long as we can. 

Do you feel confident about the upcoming playoffs? How far do you hope to go? Yes, I have full faith in our boys. As long as they give it their all, they can do it and go far. I hope we make it at least five games in. 

Has your senior season/year gone by faster than you expected? Why/Why not? How do you feel about it? Yes, this year has flown by. I feel as if we just cheered in the first football game, and now we’re already in the playoffs. It’s really sad to me because football season is my favorite time of the year. 

What are your tentative plans after high school? After high school, I plan to go to college and continue cheerleading.

What is your favorite part about Friday nights? My favorite part about Friday nights is cheering on the sidelines with my best friends. I make some of the best memories during football season, and it’s not something I’m ready to let go of. 

Are you excited for the future? I’m pretty excited for the future, but I’m also really sad because I want to make the most of my senior year. 

What has been your favorite memory of high school football games? My favorite memory has been every single football game. I love the spirit, the crowd and, of course, my cheerleaders.

Ayden Grossman

Do you intend to continue playing football, cheering, or playing in the band in college/at the next level? Why or why not? No, because I intend on spending any time outside of my classes either working or studying, so I probably wouldn’t have time for the band.

How has the season gone from your perspective? It’s been good so far. I think the show’s theme is much better than last year’s theme.

Do you feel confident about the upcoming playoffs? How far do you hope to go? Given the first team being Girard I’m feeling confident, and the second team will most likely be Poland, so I think it could go either way. I want to go past Week 3.

Has your senior season/year gone by faster than you expected? Why/Why not? How do you feel about it? It’s actually felt super slow so far. Only because the plans I have for immediately after high school seem so far away.

What are your tentative plans after high school?  Basically, just work all summer and save up money for college

What is your favorite part about Friday nights? Specifically the 3rd quarter of every game

Are you excited for the future?  Yes, very

What has been your favorite memory of high school football games?  The student section’s dedication to the themes

Najier Howard 

Do you intend to continue playing football, cheering, or playing in the band in college/at the next level? Why or why not? Yes, I intend to play football at the next level because I want to fulfill my dream in making it to the league.

How has the season gone from your perspective? The season has had its ups and downs.

Do you feel confident about the upcoming playoffs? How far do you hope to go? Hoping we can make it to state and get a ring

Has your senior season/year gone by faster than you expected? Why/Why not? How do you feel about it? Yes, it has gone faster than all my other years combined. I feel it could’ve been better, but I’ll be grateful for being a part of a great team.

What are your tentative plans after high school? To go to college for Digital Media or Journalism and continue to play football

What is your favorite part about Friday nights? When I am finally able to get in the game, I love to throw the ball.

Are you excited for the future? Yes, I am excited for the future and to see what it brings me.

What has been your favorite memory of high school football games? Connecting on long touchdowns to Zyb or this year every chance I have to throw

Caleb Sakara

Do you intend to continue playing football, cheering, or playing in the band in college/at the next level? Why or why not? No, I don’t have any offers and am going into a trade.

How has the season gone from your perspective? My season has gone good so far; we’ve been working well together.

Do you feel confident about the upcoming playoffs? How far do you hope to go? I feel confident going into the playoffs and believe we can go all the way as long as we play our best.

Has your senior season/year gone by faster than you expected? Why/Why not? How do you feel about it? Yes, it’s gone way faster than it should’ve gone. I’m just enjoying it while it lasts.

What are your tentative plans after high school? To get a carpentry apprenticeship and learn more about the trade

What is your favorite part about Friday nights? The environment is the best; being on the field with the team is an insane feeling.

Are you excited for the future? I’m pretty excited to see what it brings and what the outcome of it is going to be.

What has been your favorite memory of high school football games? My favorite memory is probably  when we’re the Game of the Week and the playoff game last year.