INVESTING INVESTS IN CLASSROOM

Michael Meuter, Opinion Writer

As money is a big priority today, who wouldn’t take the opportunity to try and make more? Well, people may never invest, but should it be taught to people in school?

Kids and young adults should be taught how to invest in the stock market. 

Investing is bigger than ever before with many ups and downs in today’s world. Kids and young adults always wonder what the stock market is really for and if it is any important to actually invest time and money into it. Learning to invest can help raise money and more profits in the long run. According to Royalbank.com, “Owning stocks in different companies can help you build your savings, protect your money from inflation and taxes, and maximize income from your investments.” This is more than true as investing will only help you grow and learn from money-making opportunities. Most people don’t have a clue to invest in stocks, but if kids learn young, they could be more than ready to invest as an adult.

Many may say that investing will also make your profits go down. Now, although it can be true, most people know when the right time is to invest. So if more people, students included, learned how to invest, then they can be more than ready when the stock market becomes an option in their finances. 

This is a very critical and easy thing to do to help. Schools across the nation should allow their life planning classes to really focus on investing and to maybe even start kids on small investments to get them used to the system. The investments they make can even be given back to the school or to the student if they put money in themselves. 

Investing is real and it is important for the society we live in today. If people invest in companies, investing is keeping the companies alive. It is more important to learn young than when you’re older and have more on your mind.