BOLLAS BATTLES CHEERLEADING

Nadia Galazia, Feature Writer

Freshman cheerleader Erica Bollas is a student at Struthers High School. This cheer season is Bollas’s first year cheering. She cheers for the football and basketball Wildcat team. 

Bollas enjoys trying new things and getting to know new people.

The cheerleader is new to the cheer world this year and is challenged with the idea of trying new things for her freshman year.

“I love trying new things and cheer is one of them. I am surrounded by people who are all so welcoming. I have never cheered before, but I am so happy to be a part of this team,” says the freshman.

The freshman considers cheer as very fun and spirited, and also her favorite sport to be included in. She loves the spirit they put into the school and the extra things they do to make the school a better place.

Bollas loves the people she is surrounded by and who she spends the most time with.

“We are always doing stuff to show support for the school. I get to be around my best friends while learning new things. I am always very happy when I cheer and when I am surrounded by my wonderful teammates,” says Bollas.

The new cheerleader is looking forward to the rest of the basketball season. She is still trying new things and learning new things in cheer since she isn’t too familiar yet. 

Bollas has a cheer competition with her team coming up and is super excited to be involved with her best friends and compete. Cheer has been something she has been interested in since she was little and now is doing her childhood dream.

“I am looking forward to spending more time with my best friends, trying and learning new things. We had a cheer competition coming that we practiced a lot for. I was so excited to compete with my team and show off all of our hard work,” says the cheerleader.

Bollas plans on cheering for the rest of her high school career. Bollas enjoys being surrounded with things that make her happy and wants to have great memories to look back on in her high school years. She is glad she took the chance to cheer for her freshman year.